GXM Consulting is looking to add a professional User Experience Designer with a strong Human Factors background to our faced-paced team. This will be a full-time and exempt position working onsite with our technical team at the client location in Herndon, VA with occasional work remote with team functions/meetings out of our Ballston/Arlington, VA office from time to time as well.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.
The successful candidate:
- Is a UX designer with strong human factors background/experience and familiarity with user-centered design.
- Uses job analysis, task analysis, and similar methods to understand and document user requirements, and to develop workflows.
- Applies expertise in human factors and UI/UX in support of translating workflows into user-friendly designs for digital systems and tools (experience in the DoD domain preferred).
- Is experienced in creating design specification documents, style guides, low-fidelity wire frames, and high-fidelity design mockups.
- Works effectively with a multi-disciplinary team and effectively communicates user requirements and design specifications to designers and developers.
- Iterates quickly on design concepts as needed in each phase of the software engineering cycle (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment) based on user requirements.
- Is knowledgeable about, and able to apply, current human factors UI/UX standards and best practices (including web accessibility) to the design of digital system interfaces.
- Has strong communication skills to interact with the team, end-users and project stakeholders.
- Able to lead end-user sessions to gather requirements and feedback on draft mock-ups.
- Is equally comfortable working collaboratively within a team and taking initiative to work independently when required. Self-motivated and energetic.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in cognitive psychology, human factors engineering, human computer interaction, user interface / interaction design, or similar.
- At least eight (8) years in human factors, human system integration, UI/UX design, or related field.
- At least five (5) years user-centered design experience.
- Must possess work with 508 compliance activities on previous technical projects.
- Solid understanding and experience design and developing for Accessibility, e.g., Section 508, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Advanced degree
- Secret or above clearance
- DoD project-related experience
GXM reserves the right to forward all materials submitted with applications to third parties that may be involved in the evaluation process.