GXM is looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation contributing to the overall success of our technical solution as it is fielded to other organizations. You will collaborate with a talented technical team of developers, quality assurance engineers, product owners, and usability experts to design and develop documentation so that the solution can be easily maintained.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.
- Work with internal technical teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for use by end users
- Gather information, interviews subject matter experts, and conducts other research in order to convey technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Establishes schedules for various documentations and meets delivery milestones based on these schedules and contract requirements
- Write easy-to-understand, easy-to-execute user interface and install guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users with using the solution
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture being able to map changes in the solution across all of the documentation (install guides, training materials, technical architecture documentation, etc.)
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to produce examples of technical writing to the team to review
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures in both hard copy and online materials
- Familiarity with Confluence and Atlassian products
- Experience with technical diagramming
- Ability to be proactive to engage with and communicate easily with various teams in the overall program to learn about the solution and aggressively integrate changes in the solution to updated documentation
- Strong quality control skill set to find errors and identify issues with concepts, versions, format and content
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
GXM reserves the right to forward all materials submitted with applications to third parties that may be involved in the evaluation process.