GXM is seeking a highly driven Systems Engineer to join our technical team. We are currently seeking an experienced technical professional for work on a project in support of a government client in the Boston, MA area. Selected candidate will provide end users support for any technical issues involving the hardware, software, network, or telecommunications systems incurred by the program’s internal and/or outside customers.
- Administer, setup and manage on-premise and cloud systems running physical and virtual machines on both Windows and Linux with NIST SP 800-171 controls.
- Administer, setup and manage systems and services within the current ecosystem, to include Google G-Suite, Okta, GitHub, Mattermost, and account backup and recovery.
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Investigates technologies, processes, concepts, end items, or system demonstrations, based on customer needs.
- Participates in planning for future technical road maps for programs.
- Develops mission support capabilities at multiple levels using technology demonstrations, integration of existing solutions, and development of new techniques to employ solutions.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and customer liaisons about ongoing mission task and deliverables.
- Supports the customer in its work with partner organizations in the development of future system concepts/architectures.
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
- Must be US Citizen
- 4+ years of technical experience related to servers and cloud stacks.
- 3+ years of G-Suite with AWS or Azure experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows and Linux using the GUI and command line.
- 1+ year program/project management experience.
- Available to work in Boston, MA area on site 5 days a week and for surge events.
- Available for travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Tenacity to research and resolve problems as they arise.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Experience with Office365 and GovCloud.
- Scripting experience in either PowerShell or equivalent.
- Military experience or active reserve in any US Military branch.
- Agile Experience.
- Should have A+, N+, SEC+ or IAT Level I.
- Federal Government IT experience with FISMA, NIST SP 800-53 controls and STIGs.