GXM is looking for a Systems Administrator (SA) to join our growing team. The SA will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware/software and critical infrastructure such as Azure . This position will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are structured and operating in an effective and business efficient way.
This individual will assist technical staff with engineering issues and take a lead in designing appropriate solutions. These activities include the definition of requirements, technical options, schedules and costs, research & development within the agile development sprints, and support of operations staff in executing, testing and implementing the solutions.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support GIS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support active customer production websites as well as systems used for testing and development. Responsibilities for these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations support, and maintenance. Continuous learning as the field progresses as well as research and development is expected to ensure continual modernization and innovation.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into applications working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.
What you’ll be doing on our team:
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate standards.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted project teams.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Develop bash and PowerShell scripts as required to support common command line editing.
- Periodically review user permissions and correct as required.
What we would love for you to have:
- A SECRET clearance