GXM is looking for a talented Project Manager to join our current support team in Austin, TX. If you have a passion for managing projects in a faced-paced environment to transform non-traditional approaches to DoD modernization efforts and working to identify solutions to help military end users protect our nation’s future, we want to talk with you.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and actually listening and then making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.The candidate for this position with our team must be a US Citizen. Duties normally require the individual to regularly interact with the customer and development teams, full-time 5 days a week in Austin, Texas either at the government locations or the GXM office space. Local travel will be a part of this role and it is anticipated the position will start near the end of September.
What you’ll be doing on our team:
- Regularly interface with clients at multiple levels of an organization—project managers, stakeholders, end-users, data analysts, program analysts, IT groups, leadership—to drive the delivery of projects.
- Maintain Program Calendar and Conference/Events Schedule.
- Work with various companies to build a cohort around a specific modernization topic for the Army and lead project execution to further understand the topic and down-select solutions.
- Works autonomously or under the guidance and direction of the program manager.
- Provide consulting support and guidance to teams on business. analysis, technology approach, solutions, project management process and client engagement to drive delivery success.
- Support our government client team daily with their modernization program efforts onsite at their downtown, Austin location at times and sometimes at our GXM Austin office and sometimes remote.
What you need to know:
· You will succeed in this position if you are inquisitive and passionate about building something from the ground up and staying on top of new advancements, trends and opportunities using new innovative solutions.
· This will be a client facing position and it will be an exempt position. You will be expected to think on your feet and anticipate client needs, bringing your experience and professional work ethic to the larger project team to solve complex problems.
· You will need a Bachelor’s degree.
‘ You need to have 5+ years of work related to project management that includes analysis and evaluation.
· Great communication and remaining calm under pressure are necessary as you will be responsible for effectively coordinating with various stakeholders on a daily basis.
· Ability to establish trends in data and make meaningful recommendations from that analysis to improve the way the client teams make informed decisions.
· An ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
What we would love for you to have:
· A SECRET clearance
· Awesome writing skills
· Previous DoD experience or exposure to DoD solutions development
· Work experience with innovation program evaluation (commercial or government)
· Demonstrated problem solving experience