Manual Quality Assurance
GXM is seeking a highly experienced, motivated and talented Test Engineer to join our team. Candidate must have a strong background and depth of knowledge in software and application testing in various forms. The Manual Tester is responsible for building test cases against software requirements to be re-executed across multiple projects using a test case management system. Our projects are diverse, ranging from cross-platform mobile development, web sites, to traditional desktop applications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Mobile testing experience with Apple, Android and Windows devices.
- Ability to multi-task priorities.
- Ability to work with development team in flexible environment.
- Create smoke, regression, integration and functional tests for new and existing functionality.
- Test new and existing software to ensure integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Perform regression testing and integration testing on all products and features using test case management system.
- Write and execute manual test cases to verify and validate the project business requirements for multiple projects.
- Design, develop, modify, document and execute test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test scenarios based upon software requirements definition, in concert with the scrum process.
- Collaborate with other team members in verifying application testing using functional, unit, regression, performance, and acceptance testing methods.
- Conduct detailed analysis of test results found through manual testing and support the development team with the identification, escalation, and resolution of related risks and issues.
- Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to advise leadership on the progress of the testing activities.
- Responsible for the creation of testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones across multiple projects.
- Work closely with the site technical lead and product owners to develop plans, schedules, and present time estimation for testing activities to be performed during multiple sprints.
- Participate and support the user acceptance test activities working in a fast-paced environment.
- Investigate and propose methods and standards for continuous process improvement for manual testing.
- Update and maintain test specifications and test plans via source control software.
- Configure, administer and troubleshoot software test environment.
- Propose new processes and procedures to assist in staying up to date with the latest testing trends.
- Ability to perform in an agile hybrid environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot defects with the team and document issues found in concise detail.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
- Must be able to work on-site (Arlington, VA) 5 days a week
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of mobile testing experience.
- 2+ years of web testing experience.
- 3-5 years of manual testing experience.
- Experience testing and debugging Web and UI issues on the front end and back end.
- Ability to thoroughly document and convey risks and issues with a possible mitigation plan.
- Ability to think, organize, plan and analyze logically.
- Ability to lead and manage priorities according to changing demands.
- Passion to find ways to improve and promote quality using the latest trends in software development.
- Applies and implements best practices to improve performance from the team and client.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences including executive leadership and the client.
- Ability to multi-task testing activities.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Secret Clearance
- Linux and command line instructions (1+ years preferred)
- Rest API