GXM is seeking a highly experienced, motivated and talented Test Engineer to join our team. Candidate must have a strong background and depth of knowledge in networking, software and application testing. The Manual Tester is responsible for performing verification and validation tests.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accessing and operating within a Linux environment.
- Using virtual machines with Windows and with SSH terminal command lines (i.e. curl, ping, and searching).
- Performing basic networking functions (i.e. ping, retrieving IP addresses, VPN, firewalls, ports)
- Creating and executing SQL commands with PostgreSQL or similar dbase system.
- Perform regression, integration, and functional tests for new and existing functionality within Zephyr or similar test case management tool.
- Test new and existing software to ensure integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Perform regression testing and integration testing on all features using Zephyr.
- Write and execute manual test cases to verify and validate the project business requirements as specified.
- Collaborate with other team members to troubleshoot issues found using JIRA.
- Work closely with the QA leads to assist with meeting testing deadlines within the project milestones.
- Participate and support the user acceptance test activities where needed.
- Experience with the Agile process and JIRA.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
- Must be able to work on-site 5 days a week.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of web testing experience.
- 3+ years of manual testing experience.
- 1+ years of basic networking understanding.
- 2+ years of Linux and command line instructions.
- Experience testing and debugging Web and UI issues on the front end and back end.
- Experience with test case management tool.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Zephyr or similar application
- Web Service and Rest API testing experience.
- Web based testing using React and/or Python
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.