GXM is hiring an intern to support our client NSIN (National Security Innovation Network). Complete applications of a cover letter and a resume will be accepted until 5:00pm EST on November 27th for consideration.
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end-users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs. For a better idea of who we are, check us out at NSIN.
About Your New Role:
As a Regional Network Intern at NSIN you will:
- Assist the National Capital Regional Director in building programming presentations and supporting programming activities.
- Work to support NSIN’s efforts across the intersections of academia, the early stage venture ecosystem, and the defense community.
- Help increase NSIN’s visibility and footprint in the local ecosystem.
- Coordinate with and streamline programmatic activities across NSIN’s three portfolios – Acceleration, Collaboration, and National Service.
- Assist the National Capital Regional Director to improve relationships with the defense community and the DoD at-large.
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring:
- Orientation to details and strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written skills;
- A sense of and personal drive to make a change in how the Department of Defense innovates to and solves its hardest problems;
- Interest in the Department of Defense, its innovation projects, and its programs and initiatives;
- Some experience providing analysis, policy, and technology support to mission-driven organizations.
- A proven track record of supporting large projects and initiatives;
- An innate drive to be a part of and contribute to a team-based culture;
- A passion for solving hard problems;
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.
What you will get out of this opportunity:
- Experience and exposure to real-world workings within NSIN.
- Acquired knowledge of problem-solving strategies for DoD customers.
- Meaningful network connections.