GXM is hiring an intern to support our client NSIN (National Security Innovation Network). NSIN is bringing on an intern to support the Collaboration Portfolio, in a full time and temporary capacity for 6 months, in Arlington, VA. Through this opportunity you will support the direction of the Deputy Director of the Collaboration Portfolio, gain experience and exposure of the real-world workings within NSIN, acquire knowledge of problem-solving strategies for DoD customers, and make meaningful network connections. If you want to be a part of the team who is changing the way the DoD solves its problems, with our partner, then submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, January 25th, 2021.
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end-users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs. For a better idea of who we are, check us out at NSIN.
About the Collaboration Portfolio:
The Collaboration Portfolio exists to create and deliver programming that serves Department of Defense (DoD) Customers who can benefit from the kind of innovative problem solving that is unique to early-stage ventures, and more particularly of early stage dual-use ventures.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factor.
About Your New Role:
As a Collaboration Portfolio Intern at NSIN you will:
- Assist the Deputy Portfolio Director in building programming presentations and supporting programming activities.
- Work to support NSIN’s efforts across the intersections of academia, the early-stage venture ecosystem, and the defense community.
- Assist the Collaboration Portfolio with data collection, analysis, and visualization activities.
- Have the opportunity to develop, propose, and work on a capstone project in support of the Collaboration Portfolio mission and vision.
What We are Looking for in a New Teammate:
- A passion for solving hard problems;
- Must be a US Citizen;
- A sense of and personal drive to make a change in how the Department of Defense innovates to and solves its hardest problems;
- Some experience providing analysis, policy, and technology support to mission-driven organizations.
- A proven track record of supporting large projects and initiatives;
- Broad knowledge of the Department of Defense, its innovation projects, and its programs and initiatives;
- Knowledge of the national security, start-up, venture or venture capital environment;
- An innate drive to be a part of and contribute to a team-based culture;
- Orientation to details and strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written skills; and
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.
GXM reserves the right to forward all materials submitted with applications to third parties that may be involved in the evaluation process.