GXM is hiring a Front-End Web UI Developer to join our growing Austin team. This position requires a highly motivated, energetic individual who will be focused on design and development of new web-based solutions. We are supporting various Government and Commercial clients who are looking to grow their technical solutions. This is a client facing role and will be an exempt position.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for our end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application. We work with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.
The candidate must be a US Citizen. Duties normally require the individual to regularly interact with the customer and development teams, full-time 5 days a week in Austin, Texas either at the government locations or the GXM office space. Local travel is anticipated and this will be an exempt position starting near the end of September.
- Participate in designing, developing, integrating and implementing innovative web UI functionality for websites and web applications.
- Implement design mockups into live web user interfaces connected to JSON service backends.
- Interact closely with the development team members and client end users.
- Work directly with cross-functional teams of Business Stakeholders, Technical Team, and Designers.
- MUST BE US CITIZEN
- 7-9 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 years’ experience can be substituted).
- Experience implementing design mockups (InVision, Photoshop) into live web user interfaces.
- 3 years working with JSON and REST services connected to web front ends.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design.
- Experience optimizing web application front ends for performance.
- Background in prioritization and multi-tasking in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Critical Competencies: Verbal and Written Communication, Technical Problem Solving, Client Orientation Skills, Critical Thinking, Team Oriented, Results Oriented, and Decision-Making Skills.
- Material UI experience
- Node JS
- Express JS
- Experience with Azure/ Azure for government
- Government client/consulting experience
- 508 compliance understanding
- Experience working with GIT repositories
- Working with Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket and JIRA
- Agile Methodology experience