We are looking for unique set of skills to fill the role of CORPORATE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST/OFFICE COORDINATOR to help keep a very faced-paced organization running smoothly. The right person is strong enough to take charge of their projects and servant enough to support our employees in a wide range of capacities when they are needed. This role is for someone who likes constant change and thrives on solving “today’s challenge” and then ready to move on to the next. Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, adaptable, and have a strong desire to support our employees in the areas of administrative operations, resource management, logistics, inventory management, office lease management, license database management and organizational support/compliance.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.
Develop and maintain corporate office administrative support and procedures. Develop solutions to administrative business challenges; Gather pricing information with suppliers and vendors (e.g. office supplies, express package services, etc.) Manages non-IT related office equipment (i.e. copiers, coffee maker, etc.); Maintain updated contact lists and rosters. Provide excellent customer service to visitors and internal clients both over the phone and in person. Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.) Provide surge support to other departments and contracts as directed by AOM/FSO.
- Financial: Monitor budget expenditures authorized; review shipping invoices; code and allocate to correct accounts. Prepare monthly reports.
- Property Management: Maintain and administer facilities and company owned or leased property.
- Office Lease Management: Main company contact to coordinate with GXM office space landlords/technicians/support staff. Coordinates occupancy, parking, invoicing and service needs. Assist with facility contract management, space management/allocation, furnishings and equipment. Obtain vendor quotes, contracts, insurance certificates for review and approval. Issue keys and keycards; activate and deactivate keycards and maintain key control records.
- Purchaser: Works with our teams to understanding their needs and requirement and then conducts research to find the best product and the best price. Building relationships with vendors to secure items and working the magic to have it delivered to our teams so they can continue their project’s work.
Logistics/Inventory Management/License Database: Keeps track of shipments and updates inventory databases. Assists with onboarding and offboarding of employees. Organizes employee’s travel and expense reports.
Human Resources Administrative Support: Provides human resources support with a variety of activities and related tasks such as assisting with on/off boarding, scheduling interviews, communicating with applicants, employment verifications, and other support activities when needed.
Organizational Support and Compliance: Provides general office support to organization, maintains accurate database records and files all transactions. Supports the office through various activities throughout the month as needed including check-in of guests, meeting coordination, team functions and event support.
Must have skills:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Associates degree in Office Management or Business Administration. Education may be substituted for direct relevant experience on a year for year basis.
- Strong ability to multi-task effectively in a faced-paced culture and work within quick timelines.
- 2+ year’s progressively responsible experience in at least one of the general administrative areas such as Human Resources, Office Management, Program or Contract Administration, or Budget/Financial Administration.
- Knowledge of principles of public and business administration including organization, human resources, budget management, general office procedures.
- Networking and team building skills in order to foster trust, confidence, and professional relationships.
- Attention to detail in all facets of communication, especially written reports and forms.
- Great oral and written communication focusing on brevity and clarity due to time constraints.
- Innate attitude to help others and want to be the problem solver for the team.
- Self-starter and disciplined in organizational/administrative skills in this one-deep position.
- Ability to travel in local Greater Metro DC area occasionally to support project teams and remote sites.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting.
- Strong technology skills, including experience using MS Office products, web browsers, and other technology resources.
- Experience with Inventory Management.
- Experience with Procurement.