GXM is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to manage current and future business pursuits for the company. This position will coordinate with company leadership and Program Leads to qualify our team’s pursuit of and response to business opportunities.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in.
We are looking for someone with experience in bid and capture management and has a strong desire for supporting the national security technology development space. You will join a highly active team of professionals passionate about developing solutions for end users. Qualified candidates must be self-motivated and able to work within established deadlines, managing competing short-term and long-term demands. Qualified candidates will be detail oriented understanding how company experience and project activities map to pending and future contract opportunities.
The Business Development Manager will have primary responsibility for establishing a business development plan for the company. You will be responsible for managing and executing pursuit of the opportunity from qualification through contract award. You will be accountable for winning specific business opportunities. This position will report directly to company leadership. This position will be responsible for establishing strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of potential customer needs. This full-time, exempt position will be responsible for creating/leading business development and capture strategies.
- Establishing a business development plan for the company based on established strategies.
- Leading and participating in the identification, qualifications and pursuit of business opportunities.
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders to understand their issues and problem sets.
- Communicating company capability presentations to potential clients and partner companies.
- Performing and presenting research to qualify bid opportunities.
- Identifying prime/sub bid opportunities that leverage the company’s qualifications.
- Participating in capture activities with company team members.
- Participating in the proposal response activities.
- Preparing proposal team members, as required, in bid process methods to ensure understanding and adherence to the process, practices and schedule.
- Maintaining a pipeline of pursuits.
- Maintaining metrics for previous pursuits and period defined results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred in a related technical field).
- 10+ years in a Business Development or Capture Manager position in the federal government contracting space focused on Research and Development activities and RDT&E funded projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (this is a client facing role).
- Preferred experience in and understanding of the Federal and DoD Innovation communities.
- Understanding of software engineering and technology development processes and the program management activities that support these functions.
- Established network of contacts to leverage review of opportunities with and to engage clients and partner organizations in pursuit of pending and future opportunities.
- MUST BE US CITIZEN.