GXM is seeking a dynamic, Backend Software Engineer with a passion for developing intricate server-side solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of the software development cycle and be highly experienced with Java, Spring, and Elastic Search. We are looking for someone with a true passion for technology and yearning to be on the frontlines of cybersecurity.
GXM is a team of creative professionals focused on solving problems for end users. We focus on turning innovation into actual application working with clients who need rapid problem solving and solution development for their organizations. If you are interested in working on challenging problems, having fun along the way with a group of passionate professionals, and making a difference for end users, you’ll fit right in!
What we can tell you is you will be working on a cutting-edge cybersecurity technology protecting many of America’s leaders and infrastructure. You will be working to update and migrate a powerful legacy solution to a more modern technology stack that will provide a robust security solution into the future.
- Designing and implementing backend architectures using Java and Spring framework
- Participate in designing, developing, integrating and implementing innovative backend solutions
- Debug and fix backend code
- Interact closely with development team members and end users
- Work directly with cross-functional teams of Business Stakeholders, Technical Team, and Designers
- MUST BE US CITIZEN
- 7 years demonstrated experience with software development
- 5 years functioning as a software architect or lead
- 4 years building with Java backend solutions from the ground up with a modern Java framework such as Spring
- 3 years of experience with Elastic Search
- 2 years of backend unit testing
- 2 years of docker containers
- Strong familiarity with Apache Kafka
- Strong familiarity with Apache NiFi
- Experience optimizing web application backends for performance
- Background in prioritization and multi-tasking in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Critical Competencies: Verbal and Written Communication, Technical Problem Solving, Client Orientation Skills, Critical Thinking, Team Oriented, Results Oriented, and Decision-Making Skills
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering