The Army has come to Austin! The Army Futures Command headquarters has settled in the center of innovation in Austin TX and GXM Consulting is part of it. The Command’s mission is to lead continuous transformation of Army modernization in order to provide future warfighters with the concepts, capabilities and organizational structures they need to dominate a future battlefield. GXM is looking for a talented, motivated and dedicated Product Owner to help accomplish that mission.
The candidate that fills this position will be part of a development team supporting existing client work in the development of software solutions in support of the Command. The successful candidate will work with business teams and the IT Department to find the best way to develop and install upgrades to the command’s portal page and external websites.
The candidate must be a US Citizen and possess technical acuity and experience with MS SharePoint, MS Azure and web development tools. Duties normally require the individual to work onsite, full-time 5 days a week in Austin, Texas.
What you’ll do:
- Understand client expectations, initial and changing requirements, and the business value they expect from the product.
- Facilitate requirements-gathering activities with end users, clients and other staff constantly re-engaging to ensure the requirements still remain valid.
- Construct high-level product epics and features. Incorporate your Agile experience gained in previous technical delivery projects using Atlassian products.
- Develop features into user stories that are granular enough for a 2-3 week sprint and convey the goals and vision for each sprint.
- Craft and manage a prioritized product backlog that clearly articulates all aspects of the end user requirements and defines well-formed acceptance criteria.
- Work with your team to estimate effort to deliver client requirements in terms of story points, sprints, hours and ultimately schedule.
- Work towards team CMMI goals for accuracy in estimation and new functionality delivery each sprint.
- Coordinate communication between development teams and client stakeholders regarding goals, requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with the development and design teams to define, design, accept and adapt features; ensure each iteration delivers expected result.
- Create mock-ups of user requested functionality with graphic designers to ensure the functionality clearly represents end user requirements.
- Facilitate collaboration across functional team areas such as design, development, quality assurance, systems engineering, etc.
- Work with management to balance resources across projects.
- Lead Agile ceremonies with distributed design and development teams.
- Conduct monthly Project Management Reviews to review metrics and statistics for progress with the team relevant to story points and tickets.
- Host retrospectives with the technical team.
- Define and manage release plans.
- Be the primary resource for questions about the details of the projects through interaction with internal resources, clients, and stakeholders.
- Manage scope and client priorities.
- Host meetings, conference calls as the lead with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate clearly with all project team participants and client representatives.
What you need to have:
- Ability to completely understand Agile Scrum and work in a fluid environment of changing priorities and requirements.
- Provide business and process expertise to ensure an Agile team has a full understanding of the requirements and business objectives related to the product/solution being developed.
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take critical feedback from technical leads, managers, program managers, etc.
- Strong general technical competency required.
- Must be self-starting, hardworking and inquisitive.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to absorb critical feedback from team members and clients.
- A proven track record for high-quality product delivery.
- In-depth understanding of the agile software development cycle and methodologies.
- Strong leadership, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Must work well with others of all personality types in an intense environment.
- Teamwork, attention to detail, and great communication skills are required.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a Software Development environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience directly related scrum/agile product delivery experience.
- A minimum of 3 years leading people (either through influence or direct report).
- Familiarity with DoD organizations.
- Current Secret or higher security clearance or ability to apply for one.
- Experience with MS SharePoint.
- Experience with web development.
- CSPO, PMP, Scrum Master certifications are a plus, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.