GXM Consulting is looking to add a professional UX Designer to our faced-paced team in Arlington Virginia. Full-Time preferred, but will consider Part-Time.
The successful candidate:
- UX designer with strong human factors background/experience and familiarity with user-centered design for responsive web applications
- Apply expertise in human factors and UI/UX in support of translating workflows into user-friendly web designs
- Experience creating design specification documents, style guides, low fidelity wire frames, and high-fidelity design mockups
- Work with multi-disciplinary team and effectively communicate user requirements and design documents to designers and developers
- Ability to iterate quickly on design concepts in each phase of the usability and software engineering cycle (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment) based on user requirements
- Knowledgeable about, and able to apply, current human factors UI/UX standards and best practices (including web accessibility) for responsive web design
- Strong people skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with team, but with the ability to take initiative and work independently when required. Motivated and energetic.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in cognitive psychology, human factors engineering, web design, graphic design, or similar. Advanced degree is desired.
- At least ten (8) years in human factors, human system integration, UI/UX design, or related field.
- At least five (5) years user-centered design experience.
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.